Los Angeles Streetsblog (la.streetsblog.org) is hiring a writer who will contribute a weekly column that covers transportation and livability issues in Santa Monica.
Your expected qualities:
- Knowledge of progressive urban planning and transportation policy
- Familiarity with Santa Monica city government
Stories will cover, specific to the city of Santa Monica:
- New transportation projects
- Political and community leaders in the area
- Transit-oriented development
- Open space and parks
- Other issues that impact the public health and access to public space
This is for a freelance contractor, publishing at least once a week. Funding is secure for at least one year. Depending on Streetsblog raising additional funding, there is some possibility for extending and/or expanding the position.
Anyone interested should contact Damien Newton at email@example.com. All applications should include a letter of interest and two writing samples. Applications due by Close of Business on February 7.